Please note, any banner ads that you see at the top & bottom of the forum are placed there, not by us, but by our host Proboards. Therefore neither the items advertised, or the vendors, are endorsed by this forum.
It may interest some here to know that Ian Gregory, the man behind this site, also sponsors the All Party Parlimentary Group on ecigs chaired by Mark Pawsey MP. He also runs ABZED, a PR company that has form with ecigs (see link). I do regard this campaign as serious and credible - I'm not au fait with the wiles of lobbyists, but if they think a single issue like threatening the EU vote is a reasonable tactic, I'm certainly willing to give it a go.
half and half - I've got three DL setups and three (well two now cos I've cracked my Aga T7 glass - anyone know where I can get a replacement?) MTL ones. I find flavour is better from the MTL and volume of exhale is such fun from the DL, that that's ok too. It's a right faff having to make two levels of nic when I mix though!
On a side note - following an fb feed earlier, I clicked on a vendor that only sold eliquid up to 6mg/ml! I've only been vaping 2 years or so, how did I get to be a dinosaur so quickly?
I'm a part of ViP, and I'm not on AAEC a lot because when I started vaping, I happened to land on UKV - where I have 3 562 posts and over 2 months spent online. The idea that Vapers in Power is anything other than a few vapers trying to do something is shocking, you couldn't get more grassroots. Support or not, that's ok. We're just trying to do something. Incidentally, this is what happened when we met a couple of 18 year old vapers at Vapefest: link
We're offering memberships because, believe it or not, it actually costs money to do stuff - like print out leaflets, stand candidates in elections so we can publicise the pros of vaping. And, our members will tell us what to do!
1. Join Vapers in Power as a fully signed up member of our communities own political party. If you are attending Vapefest you can collect your membership card in person, if you can't make it you can find details on our website: vapersinpower.co.uk/membershipsignup
2. Go to Vapefest, not only can you meet up with the community and get to know fellow advocates, you can visit the Vapers in Power tent where there are talks by Welsh Vapers who have met MP's, NNA, VIRI, Simon Clark from FOREST and Dick Puddlecote.
3. If you can't make it to Vapefest why not write down your vaping story and save it in a file. We'd like to include these on our blog ( vapersinpower.wordpress.com/ ), if your happy for us to do that please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. That's not the point of this one though, the point is that our stories are what sway politicians the most. Unfortunately our reasoned arguments are too easily dismissed in the land of power and lobbying, where each side can cite “science” and where vague concerns carry as much weight as hard results from the real world. Having your story already written out makes it easy to send to politicians and cut and paste to comments should the need arise.
If anyone wants to swing by the Vapers in Power tent and volunteer an hour to help with running the stall you will be much appreciated! You don't need to be up on all the ins and outs of the polictics - just happy to help.
This week, we're revisiting two previous Call to Actions. A few of you may have completed both, in which case please help by sharing this post.
Vaping is under threat worldwide – at Vapers in Power we believe that the fight to save vaping is an international one, and that when vapers act together, every country benefits.
So, we're reaching out to Western Australia, to give a boost to the vapers there where the sale of mods and nicotine liquid is illegal. (goo.gl/AUo1C3)
1. Donate something to Vince van Heerden's crowdfund to help pay his legal costs as the small ex-business owner battles the state authorities that have used the law intended to ban candy cigarettes to ban ecigs. If you are unfamiliar with his story you can read it in the crowdfunding link below – its a shocker. The Western Australians have done amazingly, but are still short of the money they need to pay for their appeal. Any donation, no matter how small will help revitalize them as they prepare for the case in the Autumn. goo.gl/00nNOC
2. Sign and share this petition – don't let the Aussies get battle weary! Send them some vaper-love and remind them that they are not in this alone. goo.gl/yWyYH6
Only two this week – because they're BIG! And extremely important for the ongoing success of vaping in enriching people's lives in the UK. Please have a go – even if it isn't something you normally do – lots of responses to these will affect how the authorities view ecigs.